The UWC Nepal Application for entry 2022 is now OPEN!
Please, carefully read ALL THE POINTS below BEFORE you begin your application! This is very important!
1. United World College (UWC), founded in 1962, is a global education movement that makes education a force to unite people, nations, and culture for peace and a sustainable future, and now has colleges in 18 different countries. UWC brings young people together from around the world to learn from each other and to study the IB Diploma (grades/classes 11 & 12) on full and partial scholarships.
2. Click HERE to learn more about UWC if you are new to this. It is important for you to know why you are interested in applying for UWC. If your interest and values align with that of UWC's mission values, you may have a much higher chance of getting selected.
3. The UWCs follow the academic program called the IB. The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program is a two-year educational program that provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education and is recognized by many universities and colleges worldwide. Click HERE to learn more about the IB Diploma Program and see if this is what you want.
4. Also, click HERE and read the Criteria for Evaluation and Evaluation Guidelines. Successful candidates are selected against these core selection criteria.
5. See the eligibility criteria below to see if you are eligible to apply for 2022 entry.
Application 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of Nepal (you DO NOT need your actual nagarikta right now to apply).
- You may or may not be living/studying in Nepal right now but if you are a citizen here, you are eligible to apply for UWC through the Nepal National Committee.
- The applicant must have been born between March 1, 2004, and September 1, 2006, to meet the age criteria.
- All candidates must have completed 10th-grade level education with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (75%) for private schools and 2.8 (70%) for government schools on the SEE/CBSE/ISC or other board final assessments/exams.
- Siblings of former UWC students are also eligible to apply.
6. If you are studying in grade 11 or 12 now or have already finished grade 12 but want to apply for UWC, you can definitely do so as long as you meet all the criteria above, but this does mean that you are studying grades 11 and 12 again.
7. If you are studying in an IB school now as an IB 1st year student and if you get selected to go to UWC, you must start in Year 1 in UWC even if you have already done your IB year 1 elsewhere.
8. If you are eligible to apply, you can apply for a full or partial scholarship depending on your family's economic condition (see details on it on the last of the application form).
9. You can only submit ONE application for UWC. Multiple applications are not allowed. If you have applied to or thinking of applying to UWC through the Global Selection Process (GSP) or another National Committee, then you are not eligible to apply through the Nepal National Committee.
10. You cannot choose which country/UWC you want to go to. If you are selected, the selection committee & the national committee make the allocations.
11. If you get selected this year in 2021, you will go to UWC in August 2022. Yes, the whole selection, nomination, and departure preparation, etc. takes one whole year. We understand that is a one-year gap before you can start your grade 11. That said, whether you should join a plus-two program here in Nepal or elsewhere while applying to UWC is entirely your decision, but we encourage you to do so because it's always good to have a plan B. You can withdraw from your college later if you get selected for UWC.
12. If you are eligible to apply, the first step is to create a Gmail ID of your own if you don't already have one. Use this email ID to complete your application online and also to communicate with us regarding your application. Use your real/official name for your email creation and on your application. Keep it professional!
13. You must complete all parts of the application and submit it by October 17, 2021 (11:59pm Nepal time) either online or via e-mail attachment in order to be considered for the selection process for UWC-2022 entry. Submitting an incomplete application packet or making a submission in different parts at different times or submitting after the deadline automatically disqualifies you.
14. You must also submit the following supplementary documents with your application:
- SEE/CBSE/ISC or equivalent (class 10) mark sheet/transcript
- Grade 9 Final exams mark sheet
- DLE/BLE (class 8) mark sheet
- Identification Document (any ONE of the following): School ID, Nagarikta, Passport, Driver's License, or any other identification document you may have.
Note: If you do not have your original SEE mark sheet yet, you can submit a copy of the mark sheet that's available online for now, but if you get selected for an interview, you will have to bring in your original SEE mark sheet.
15. Application fee and recommendation letters are NOT required at this time for you to apply for UWC, but you will be asked to pay Rs. 2000/- application fee and submit two recommendation letters if you are selected for an interview by the Selection Committee. A fee waiver is available for candidates coming from underprivileged backgrounds. Details will be sent to you in the interview-invite email if you get selected. If we have in-person interviews, they will take place here in Kathmandu.
16. HOW TO APPLY — Read the following closely!
- Use a computer, if possible, to work on your application. It's not as convenient on a mobile phone.
- Click HERE to start your online UWC application and carefully read the instructions provided on the page before you begin your application. This part is crucial!
17. If you are unable to do the online application due to intermittent access to the Internet, or for any other reasons, please email us at email@example.com explaining your reasons, and we will email you the application form which you can complete manually, scan it and email it back to us in PDF format. However, if you do have some level of Internet access, it may actually be more convenient for you to do the application online.
If you have any questions/concerns, plz, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org