Eligibility Criteria for 2023 entry
Application Eligibility Criteria for 2023 entry:
- The applicant must be a citizen of Nepal (you DO NOT need your actual nagarikta right now to apply).
- You may or may not be living/studying in Nepal right now but if you are a citizen here, you are eligible to apply for UWC through the Nepal National Committee.
- The applicant must have been born between March 1, 2005, and September 1, 2007, to meet the age criteria.
- All candidates must have completed 10th-grade level education with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (75%) for private schools and 2.8 (70%) for government schools on the SEE/CBSE/ICSE or other equivalent board exams.
- Siblings of former UWC students are also eligible to apply.
Criteria for Evaluation and Evaluation Guidelines
Successful candidates are selected against the following core selection criteria:
a) Intellectual Curiosity and Motivation
The applicant should demonstrate a genuine urge to learn about the world around them and the ability to recognize the details and grasp the breadth of issues (for example global and local concerns) involved in any given topic and to analyze them thoroughly
b) Resilience, Personal Responsibility and Integrity
They need to be able to look after themselves physically and emotionally during the challenging and transforming experience that a UWC offers; the personal motivation to adhere to UWC’s common moral and ethical principles, a sense of humility and an ability to listen and value another person’s opinion and experience.
c) Active Commitment
They should be able to demonstrate the ability to develop and readiness to reflect, question and confront their own values, to measure their behavior within family and community against their values, and to act on one’s own beliefs accordingly and responsibly.
d) Social Competence
They should have the ability and readiness to make contact with other people, to interact respectfully with them, to work together with them in a team and to achieve solutions. This could also be understood as the ability to express oneself adequately in different situations and to different people.
Each stage has its own evaluation form and marking guidelines. Before each stage all members of the selection committee will be briefed in detail about how to approach the evaluation of each specific stage. They are also stated in detail in the selection manual.