Welcome to the UWC Nepal Application 2020 for 2021 entry!
Please, carefully read ALL THE POINTS below BEFORE you begin your application! This is very important!
1. United World College (UWC), founded in 1962, is a global education movement that makes education a force to unite people, nations, and culture for peace and a sustainable future, and now has colleges in 18 different countries. UWC brings young people together from around the world to learn from each other and to study the IB Diploma (grades 11 & 12) on full and partial scholarships.
2. Click HERE to learn more about the IB Diploma Program.
3. Click HERE to learn more about UWC if you are new to this. It is important for you to know why you are interested in applying for UWC. If your interest and values align with that of UWC mission values, you may have a much higher chance of getting selected.
4. Also, click HERE and read the Criteria for Evaluation and Evaluation Guidelines. Successful candidates are selected against these core selection-criteria.
5. Check the eligibility criteria below to see if you are eligible to apply.
6. Application 2020 Eligibility Criteria:
- The applicant must be a citizen of Nepal (you DO NOT need your actual nagarikta now to apply).
- The applicant must have been born between March 1, 2003, and September 1, 2005, to meet the age criteria.
- All candidates must have completed 10th-grade level with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (75%) for private schools and 2.8 (70%) for government schools on the SEE/CBSE/ISC or other board final assessments/exams.
- Siblings of former UWC students are also eligible to apply.
7. If you are eligible to apply, you can apply for a full or partial scholarship depending on your family's economic condition (see details on it on the application form).
8. You cannot choose which country/UWC you want to go to but if you are selected, the selection committee & the national committee make the allocations.
9. If you get selected this year in 2020, you will go to UWC in August 2021. Yes, the whole selection, nomination, and departure preparation, etc. takes one year. And yes, that is a one year gap before you can start your grade 11. Whether you should join a plus-two program here in Nepal or elsewhere while applying to UWC is entirely your decision, but we encourage you to because it's always good to have a plan B. You can withdraw from your college if you get selected for UWC.
10. If you are eligible to apply, the first step is to create an email ID of your own if you don't already have one. Use this email ID to complete your application online and also to communicate with us regarding your application. Use your official name for your email creation and on your application. Keep it professional!
11. You must complete all parts of the application and submit it by October 15, 2020 (11:59pm Nepal time) either online or via e-mail attachment in order to be considered for the selections process for UWC-2021 entry. Submitting an incomplete application packet or making a submission in different parts at different times or submitting after the deadline automatically disqualifies you.
12. You must also submit the following documents with your application:
- SEE/CBSE/ISC or equivalent (class 10) mark sheet
- DLE/BLE (class 8) mark sheet
- A photo ID (any ONE of the following): School ID, Nagarikta, Passport, Driver's License, or any other IDs as long as it is a photo ID.
Note: We are aware that the SEE official/original mark sheets are not out yet, but the application is not due until Oct. 15 and we believe that they will be out by then. Please contact your school to find out more about it. If it's not out by Oct. 15, we will make an announcement accordingly. Please check our website or social media around that time for updates.
13. Application fee and recommendation letters are NOT required at this time for you to apply for UWC, but you will be asked to pay Rs. 2000/- application fee and submit recommendation letters if you are selected for an interview by the Selection Committee. A fee waiver is available for candidates coming from underprivileged backgrounds. Details will be sent to you in the interview-invite email. If we have in-person interviews, they will take place here in Kathmandu.
14. HOW TO APPLY — Read the following closely!
- Use a computer, if possible, to work on your application. It's not as convenient on a mobile phone.
- You do not need to or should not finish your online application in one seating. We recommend you work on it a little per day. This way your answers are of quality and well-thought-out. You can sign back in and sign out of the site any time you want.
- You have until Oct. 15. Do not rush! The selection is NOT on a first-come-first-served basis! It doesn't matter when you submit your application as long as you submit it by the deadline.
- Click HERE to start your online application and carefully read the instructions provided on the page before you begin your application. This part is crucial!
15. If you are unable to do the online application due to intermittent access to the Internet, or for any other reasons, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your reasons and we will email you the application form which you can complete it manually, scan it and email it back to us in PDF format. However, if you do have some level of Internet access, it may actually be more convenient for you to do the application online.
If you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to contact us at:
E-mail email@example.com WhatsApp or Viber 9843348123 Facebook @UWCNepalNationalCommittee Instagram @uwcnepal2019
Good luck with your application. We look forward to meeting you and getting to know you in person!